Jarrah: oeverall presentation
This immaculately maintained performance sailing yacht is presented well equipped for racing or cruising. She can comfortably sleep 6, with a master cabin forward, and port and starboard guest cabins aft. Amidships there is a spacious galley on port, as well as a spacious saloon with U-shaped settee around and extendable table, with a further settee on starboard. Both settees can be converted to bunks, and thus take overall sleeping accommodation to 8. In addition there is a separate NAV station, significant storage and a comfortable bathroom with shower, sink and toilet. Above deck, the cockpit stands out for its size, comfortably seating 8 with long wide benches (cushions included) that can be used for sleeping on deck.
Behind the helm, there is further seating as well easy access from the transom for swimming or to board your tender. Deck equipment is well laid out for racing with full crew, or short handed, and the large wheel is leather covered. A stainless steel dodger, and bimini (both with sunbrella fabric) ensure your comfort on deck regardless of the conditions. In terms of on deck storage, there is a large watertight lazarette beneath the aft deck and can be used to house a tender, whilst each cockpit bench also houses a spacious storage locker.
- All halyards, sheets, reefing lines, and boom vang are led aft to individual Lewmar clutches, and then two Harken ST winches.
- There are an additional two Harken ST primary winches in the cockpit to operate the main sheet on a ‘German System”.
- A Harken traveller system gives full control over the main sail, and like the mainsheet, is within easy reach of the helmsman for short handed sailing.
- The steering system is a Whitlock mini-maxi with a 52” stainless steel wheel covered in leather.
- The aft lazarette is a watertight compartment with its own separate bilge pumps, therefore should there be a rudder problem leading to water ingress, the boat should not sink.
- Backstay is adjustable with a Navtec hydraulic tensioner (replaced April 2020).
- The genoa deck tracks are harken once again, and adjustable whilst under load for fine tuning even while racing.
- All blocks are Harken
- Stanchions, push and pulpits are all stainless steel.
Anchoring and mooring equipment
- 20KG ROCNA anchor (June 2018)
- 20m of galvanized chain 8mm(June 2018), and 8 ply nylon node
- Second 12KG Danforth with chain and rope
- QUICK electric anchor windlass with remote control and the ability to operate form the cockpit
- 4 x stainless steel mooring cleats
Teak is laid in the cockpit, seats and coamings
- Electrical system 12 Volt DC
- Main switch board includes LED indicators and thermomagnetic switches
- Service Battery 12V 4* 115 Amp Hour (Replaced Aug 2020)
- Engine Starter Battery 12V 110 Amp Hour (Replaced Aug 2020)
- Separate battery switch for each battery
- Emergency start cross over system
- Vectron Battery Monitor
- 12V power sockets
- 220V distribution board at NAV station
- 220V shore power connection, 220V 30Amp with 10m marine cable
- 220V sockets
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- RAYMARINE ST 60 wind instruments (direction, strength, actual/apparent)
- RAYMARINE Tri-data ST 60 (speed, depth log)
- RAYMARINE C80 Multi function display
- RAYMARINE AIS650 system sending and receiving
- GARMEN VHF 200 radio
- ICOM M8801E Marine Radio
- SONY DSX audio package with 2 interior, and 2 exterior marine speakers
- 2 x Suunto magnetic compass
- Nav6 V2 Premium Navtex Receiver
- U-shaped galley to port fitted with 2 stainless steel sinks, pressurized cold water.
- Seawater intake operated by a foot pump. Gimbaled three burner gas stove and oven
- 135 litre top loading refrigerator, Second 40 litre front loading drinks fridge. Storage lockers with shelves and drawers.
- Water tank of 150 litres with top inspection hatch.
- Lewmar opening windows.
- Engine compartment insulated with high density foam
- Easy access to front and sides after opening the companionway stairs.
- VOLVO D20 40HP 130S sail drive diesel
- Three blade GORi folding propeller
- Engine control panel includes RPM, acoustic alarms, hour counter
- 170 litre Fuel tank with inspection hatch
- Fuel/water separation filter
- Sea water strainer
- Spacecraft Performance Mast, keel stepped, F590 Silver anodized
- Fractional 3 spreader sloop rig
- Mast step secured by bolts and wire
- Integrated aluminum deck mast collar and additional neoprene soft collar
- All cables and halyards are internal
- Windex wind indicator
- VHF antenna fitted at mast top
- Masthead tricolor light
- Separate storm tri-sail fitted to mast
- April 2021, mast lifted and standing rigging replaced. Mast blocks, sheaves, bulbs etc replaced as needed. Work completed by RHKYC
- Spacecraft silver anodized Boom F810
- Two reef lines (can be sued as single line reefing or traditional jiffy style)
- Gas pressurized aluminium Boomvang
- Discontinuous stainless steel rigging, 119 stainless steel wire with stainless steel turn buckles
- Forestay 10mm: V1, 10mm, V2 + D3.8mm: D2 8mm
- Backstay 8mm
- HARKEN twin groove genoa racing profile track
- Harken integral Hydraulic backstay tensioner (new April 2020)
- UK Offshore main CXl 15, Radial cut, 3 reefs, (used for 2 years)
- Crusing Dacron main
- UK storm trysail, crosscut, orang
- No 1 UK 140% 160P Grey Carbon+CCT, racing (Dec 2019)
- “No 2” UK 120%, high clew, crosscut
- No 3 UK 100% battened, laminated tri-radial
- No 4 UK Dacron jib
- UK Storm jib, crosscut, orange
- Delivery jib with hanks, laminated, tri-radial
- A2 Asymmetrical Spinnaker – 90Nylite, Matrix, Racing
- All halyards and sheets Dyneema specification
- Sparcraft, and Harken shackles
- Blocks by Harken
- Deck organisers by Harken
- Rope Stoppers by Spinlock
- German System with 2xHarken 2 speed self tailing winches, 40.2
- Harken traveler system
- Harken and FREDERIKSEN blocks
- 2x Harken 2 speed self tailing primaries, 48.2
- 2x Harken 2 speed self tailing halyard winches, 40.2
Fully equipped with Category 1 safety gear including lifejackets, EPIRB, life bouys, life sling, man overboard equipment, flares. Only exception is Liferaft. Five powder fire extinguisher and two fire blankets fitted.
The Salona 42 has a number of unique design features rarely seen on yachts of this size. These features were primarily designed and fitted to increase the integrity, strength and safety of the yacht. Including
- A stainless steel frame glued to the hull to take the loads of the rig and keel. This system has been proven, and even under severe impact does not “buckle”. Its advantages are extraordinary hull stiffness and increased durability.
- Forward of the rudderpost is a true watertight bulkhead. This is designed to avoid sinking or flooding the yacht if the rudder were damaged to the extent it would cause water ingress. This compartment has its own separate bilge pumps (both manual and electric).